Menno House is primarily the home of a dozen church volunteers, students,
and employees of local non-profits. At our discretion, we make three bedrooms available to small numbers of overnight guests. You can now check our availability online. Email the manager to request an available room, (see details below).
- Rates: May through October $90 for one person + $40 for each additional person, per room, per night. (No charge for children under 5 years.) Each room has a queen size bed, as well as a loft of about 4′ clearance that holds additional mattresses. Rooms are private to the reserving party. November through April: $85 for one person + $35 for each additional
- Facilities: The guest bathroom is located on a
- separate floor, and is shared with other guests. We average five guests each night. There is a sink available on the guest floor.
- Accessibility: All bedrooms are on the second floor and accessible only by stairs.
- Amenities: Towels and linens are provided, but there is no regular room service. Rooms are air-conditioned. Guests have access to a small cupboard and refrigerator for storing food. The kitchen is available when it is not being used by house residents (generally, weekdays in the late morning and afternoon).
- Wifi: Complimentary.
- Pets: Because of many residents and guests with allergies, we cannot accommodate any pets
- Check-out: 11 am. Guests are welcome to store luggage at the house for pick-up later in the day.
- Quiet hours: 10 pm to 10 am. There is no curfew.
- Parking: Menno House does not have parking affiliated with its facility. For more information, please refer to Directions and Parking.
Reserving a Room
- E-mail the manager at email@example.com or call 212-677-1611. We respond to all messages – both are checked on weekday mornings.
- If your dates are available, we will ask you to pay for your stay in full in order to make the reservation. Payments may be made by credit/debit card or bank transfer via PayPal, or by sending a US check or money order. We book reservations when we receive payment.
- Cancellations: There is a $50 service charge for all cancellations. Payments are refundable up to 1 month before the start of a reservation, less this fee. If a reservation is canceled or shortened less than 1 month before the reservation start date, a cancellation fee of 1 night will be charged (rather than the $50 service charge), and the difference refunded to you.
- Price adjustments for the number of guests staying in a room can be made upon arrival at the house, but please do inform the manager in advance.
- Check-in: We accept check-ins anytime between 9 am and 11 pm, but we require arrival times at least one week in advance.
- Rooms are guaranteed ready by 3pm. If arriving in the morning, rooms may not be ready, but guests are welcome to collect keys and drop off luggage.
- Menno House is located in Gramercy, Manhattan, just east of Second Avenue on 19th Street. Directions are available for getting here by car or public transportation.
In the City